2016 CUB SCOUT
Blast Into Scouting
REASON FOR CHANGE:
- To end a multi-year decline within Cub Scout recruitment.
- To SIMPLIFY, provide CONSISTENCY, and develop EXCITEMENT in HEALTHY UNITS to drive RETENTION
Plan a registration event at every Elementary School in the Rainbow Council for: Thursday, September 15, 2016.
- Connect recruitment to incentive to exciting program: Recruitment is supported with an incentive item (rocket) and a program element (den, pack, and council events for all Cubs).
- Develop council-level marketing resources to flood the market with this one consistent message: “Go to your local elementary school on September 15th to join Scouting!”
- Utilize an on-line BSA application for those families that cannot attend on the 15th
- Spring Recruitment focuses on new units or to save a unit
- Expanded flyer/promotion of Scouting
CAMPAIGN INCENTIVES: ROCKETS!
- Packs attend Recruitment Training at Roundtables
- Packs promote their unit throughout the summer at community events (parades, festivals, National Night Out, church events, etc.)
- Packs attend School Open House/Meet the Teacher Night to promote the Scouting Program
- Packs staff Elementary Schools on September 15 to register new Scouts
- Provide a Pack calendar with contact information and the next meeting date
- Turn in applications at District Turn-In Center on September 15
- Designate a separate meeting to orient parents (and recruit necessary adult leaders)
LAUNCH DAY INFO...