Effective October 1st, most Roundtable meetings for the Waapi Lenaswa District will occur the 2nd Thursday of each month at 7pm. Rountable meetings for the Ishkote District will occur the 3rd Thursdy of each month at 7pm. However, please see the Calendar Page for any adjustments in the schedule.
Waapi Lenaswa District: Westminster Presbyterian Church located at 1015 Winthrop Ave in Joliet, IL 60435
Ishkote District: Grace Lutheran Church located at 907 Luther Dr in Wilmington, IL 60481
What is District Roundtable?
- Roundtable is exactly what it implies - it really is an opportunity for scouters as a group to have an opportunity for an equal exchange of ideas. Boy Scout Leader, Cub Scout Leaders, and interested parties meet together to discuss relevant issues in our troops and packs today.
- There is a great deal of camaraderie developed at the meetings as there is an open exchange of ideas. There is a designated leader as the Boy Scouts and Cub Scouts often separate but usually the leader serves as a facilitator for the attendees to share their ideas while guiding the group through the material.
- Exclusive handouts available only at the roundtable are passed out. Do you have questions about how to solve issues in your troop or pack? Roundtable is a perfect opportunity to get different ideas and feedback to take back home with you.
- In addition to the back and forth openness at Roundtable there is an opportunity to have access to council information and assistance. Also this is the perfect opportunity to have input on council and district events.
- All Scout leaders, committee members and parents are welcome to attend. Some packs and troops have a schedule for den leaders and cub/scoutmasters to attend so that their unit is represented at each meeting. It doesn’t need to be the same representative every time, all are welcome.
Remember to view our council website and read the BSA Today for the latest information & check back periodically to view new content that will be added. Please recommend this page to your fellow Scouters and Scouts!